Saturday, April 21, 2012

Button Monogram

A couple of weeks ago we found out we are moving. We will be saying farewell to Lucas' cute green room and so of course I am already brainstorming his new room. Below is a a Button Monogram I made.

Supplies:
  • Wood letter(s)
  • Paint
  • Buttons
  • Hot Glue Gun


 I already had a painted "L" that I never got around to putting up in Lucas' current room. I purchased it from Hobby Lobby and had painted it a teal color. (Sorry the pictures aren't too great)


I also purchased a Bag O' Buttons from Hobby Lobby, they had different color themes, I chose the bright theme.



So once your letter is painted, and your glue gun heated start gluing those buttons. You have to think about where you are placing the buttons so that you don't leave to many big gaps. I found it easier to lay the buttons out and place a few of them on before gluing them down.

Half way through

Just keep gluing those buttons on and whala! You have a completed Button Monogram...and maybe a few burns on your fingers! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment